ASPA Southern Nevada
American Society for Public Administration
Since 1939, we have been the nation's most respected society representing all forums in the public service arena. We are advocates for greater effectiveness in government - agents of goodwill and professionalism - publishers of democratic journalism at its very best - purveyors of progressive theory and practice and providers of global citizenship. We believe that by embracing new ideas - addressing key public service issues - and promoting change at both the local and international levels, we can enhance the quality of lives worldwide.
ASPA is the leading interdisciplinary public service organization that:
ASPA's four core values are Accountability and Performance, Professionalism, Ethics and Social Equity. Professionalism is promoted through chapters and sections. Members have an opportunity to advance their careers by becoming involved with their local public administration community. Annually, members gain exposure to major public service issues by joining ASPA's 21 sections. These sections focus on finance, budgeting, human resources, health and human services, ethics and more. Sections provide additional networking opportunities through conferences and other professional development activities. They also have a variety of award and scholarship.
- Advances the art, science, teaching and practice of public and non-profit administration.
- Promotes the value of joining and elevating the public service profession.
- Builds bridges among all who pursue public purposes.
- Provides networking and professional development opportunities to those committed to public service values.
- Achieves innovative solutions to the challenges of governance.
Southern Nevada Chapter
The Southern Nevada ASPA Chapter was founded in 1969. Our chapter, like the national organization, encompasses the entire public administration community, embracing the wide range of professionals who administer the public trust. Our members come from all ranks of government, non-profits, universities and private industry leaders who work with
The Mission Statement of the Southern Nevada Chapter is to be the organization that brings together interdisciplinary membership to promote the benefits, values, and contribution of public service to Southern Nevada.
- We will identify issues which are priorities for citizens and the public administrators who serve them.
- We will examine ways we can be helpful in addressing challenges and expand opportunities that are brought to our attention.
- We will engage community leaders by providing an information pipeline that offers opportunities for tackling today’s tough issues.
- We will strengthen the links between public service and the community.
- Better service to you both as a fellow public administrator and fellow citizen.
- We will successfully make the case to our organizations, to the public, and the media, that an investment in effective public management represents an investment in and benefit to the community.
Click HEREto receive email updates from ASPA Southern Nevada.